Wednesday, June 20, 2012

For a good while I have been a bit frustrated in prayer  Contemplative prayer is always good!  But my prayers of intercession for others and prayers of thanksgiving have truly begun to "feel" meaningless.  The reason is that I can't seem to find NEW words for the prayers and I am not always "feeling" the words that I am speaking on behalf of others to God.  I also feel like God knows that I am holding these things in my heart and words are not really necessary anyway...even so I want to actively pray for others and to offer my gratitude to God. 

A colleague of mine at the Charlotte Spirituality Center introduced me to a new way of praying last week.  Thank you, Suzan for recommending me to "Praying In Color".  Here is the link to the website:  http://prayingincolor.com/praying-in-color-praying-in-black-and-white

My prayer life has a new dimension with a new form of expression.  You don't need to be artistic or a a skilled artist or even very creative to Pray In Color.  See for yourself, NOT a work of art....however creating this "prayer" was a work of "heart"... 


This was an evening prayer. 

This was today's morning prayer.  Again, not a work of art, but a work of heart.

I am keeping these prayers in a journal with colored pencils nearby. 

I also highly recommend poetry as prayer if you are so inclined or looking for a new way to pray.

Peace be with you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment